In Mexico, grilled corn sometimes comes slathered in mayonnaise, rolled in grated cheese and served with lime and chili powder. This is my family’s take on the dish, with our own flavor enhancements.—Carolyn Kumpe, El Dorado, California
- 6 large ears sweet corn in husks
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
- Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottoms; remove silk. Rewrap corn in husks and secure with kitchen string. Place in a stockpot; cover with cold water. Soak for 20 minutes; drain.
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning often.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chipotle, cilantro, lime juice, lime peel and garlic; spread one heaping tablespoon over each ear of corn. Sprinkle with Asiago cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chipotle Lime Corn Cobs in Taste of Home June/July 2011, p71
Reviews for Chipotle Lime Corn Cobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review