- 6 large ears sweet corn in husks
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago cheese
- Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottoms; remove silk. Rewrap corn in husks and secure with kitchen string. Place in a stockpot; cover with cold water. Soak for 20 minutes; drain.
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning often.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chipotle, cilantro, lime juice, lime peel and garlic; spread one heaping tablespoon over each ear of corn. Sprinkle with Asiago cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chipotle Lime Corn Cobs
Sort By :
"I have been making this since it first appeared on a Taste of Home summer issue. Love it! Reminds me of Mexico"
"OMG, OMG, OMG...this is crack corn. I went light on the parm and chipolte (kids) and heavy on the cilanto. I consider myself to be an excellent cook but if I hadn't of made this myself I never would of figured out what was in this sauce. I blended it all and made the sauce runny and just rolled the ears in it. Nothing short of AMAZING. Go bold and try this, you won't be sorry. We served with chix fajitas, hubby said in the top 5 meals ever....That is HUGE."
"I actually left out the chipolte pepper because by husband cannot handle too much spicy and this came out PERFECT. Absolutely loved it, will make it again and again."
"This was a nice twist on corn-on-the-cob. It was very messy to eat, but worth it! The sauce is runny, so we just put a dollop on the plate and rolled the corn in it. Delicious!"