Chipotle-Lime Chicken Thighs
After plates are scraped clean, this stellar meal keeps on giving. Use the chicken bones to make your own stock, and freeze the remaining chipotle peppers and sauce for a smoky Sunday chili. — Nancy Brown, Dahinda, Illinois
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Grill: 20 min.
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- Place garlic on a cutting board; sprinkle with salt. Using the flat
- side of a knife, mash garlic. Continue to mash until it reaches a
- paste consistency; transfer to a small bowl.
- Stir in the lime juice, pepper, adobo sauce and chili powder. Gently
- loosen skin from chicken thighs; rub garlic mixture under skin.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs,
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium-low
- heat for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 180°,
- turning once. Remove and discard skin before serving.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken thigh equals 209 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 596 mg sodium,