After plates are scraped clean, this stellar meal keeps on giving. Use the chicken bones to make your own stock, and freeze the remaining chipotle peppers and sauce for a smoky Sunday chili. — Nancy Brown, Dahinda, Illinois
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- Place garlic on a cutting board; sprinkle with salt. Using the flat side of a knife, mash garlic. Continue to mash until it reaches a paste consistency; transfer to a small bowl.
- Stir in the lime juice, pepper, adobo sauce and chili powder. Gently loosen skin from chicken thighs; rub garlic mixture under skin. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium-low heat for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 180°, turning once. Remove and discard skin before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chipotle-Lime Chicken Thighs in Healthy Cooking June/July 2012, p38
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chipotle-Lime Chicken Thighs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review