If you like to kick things up on the grill, this is the steak for you. My husband even makes this in a Dutch oven, and the meat just sizzles. —Donna Goutermont, Sequim, Washington
Featured In: 32 Super Steak Recipes
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 beef T-bone steaks (12 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the steaks; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with 1/2 cup reserved marinade. Serve with remaining marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chipotle-Honey Grilled T-Bones in Simple & Delicious August/September 2011, p41
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Chipotle-Honey Grilled T-Bones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 22, 2011
"These were awesome! We didn't have any t-bones on hand, but we used it on some thick strip steaks instead. A definite keeper."