My guacamole is so good because it has just a hint of smoke from the chipotle peppers. Stir them in or put a dollop in the center of the dip so people who aren't into peppers can scoop around them. —Gayle Sullivan, Salem, Massachusetts
Recommended: 68 Cinco de Mayo Party Recipes
- 4 medium ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, optional
- 1 finely chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce plus 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- Tortilla chips
- Mash avocados. Stir in next six ingredients and, if desired, cilantro. Dollop chipotle pepper and adobo sauce over center of guacamole. Refrigerate 1 hour. Serve with chips. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Chipotle Guacamole in Taste of Home June/July 2017
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Chipotle Guacamole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review