I usually bake these special cookies for the holidays, but my family loves them so I bake them for their birthdays. The addition of ground chipotle chili pepper gives these cookies a little zing. The dough may be sticky so I dip my hands in confectioners' sugar for easier handling. —Gloria Bradley, Naperville, Illinois
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon toasted wheat germ
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla until combined. Add melted chocolate. Combine flour, wheat germ, baking powder, salt and chipotle pepper. Gradually add to egg mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place confectioners' sugar in a small bowl. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chipotle Crackle Cookies in Healthy Cooking December/January 2013, p72
Reviews for Chipotle Crackle Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review