This is a unique appetizer that will get rave reviews at your next party. The perfect mix of sweet and savory flavors is simply irresistible! —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 package (5 ounces) dried cranberries
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup grated peeled jicama
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Minced fresh cilantro
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and baking powder. In another small bowl, whisk eggs and chipotle pepper until blended. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in dried cranberries, corn, jicama, cheese, pine nuts and green onion.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls, a few at a time, into hot oil; press lightly to flatten. Fry 1-1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown, using remaining oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with cilantro and, if desired, drizzle with maple syrup. Yield: 8 fritters.
Originally published as Chipotle Corn and Cranberry Fritters in Taste of Home's Contest Winning Recipes Annual 2016
Reviews for Chipotle Corn and Cranberry Fritters
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review