- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped, optional
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 to 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 6 kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, split
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Pickle slices, optional
- Preheat broiler. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, green pepper and, if desired, jalapeno over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef intro crumbles; drain.
- Stir in chili sauce, water, chipotle peppers, brown sugar and mustard; bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
Lightly spread cut sides of rolls with butter; arrange on a baking sheet, buttered side up. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until lightly toasted, about 30 seconds. Fill with beef mixture and, if desired, pickles.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chipotle Chili Sloppy Joes in Simple & Delicious February/March 2016
Reviews for Chipotle Chili Sloppy Joes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review