Long live childhood favorites! "I created this recipe for the 125th anniversary of a small town in Minnesota. They have a medium spice level, and people of all ages love them.” —Barb Templin, Norwood, Minnesota
- 6 hot dogs
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2-1/2 teaspoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hot dog buns, split
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Cook hot dogs according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, chipotle peppers, chili powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until flavors are blended.
- Place hot dogs in buns. Spoon chili over hot dogs. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and salsa; spoon over tops. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chipotle Chili Dogs in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011, p27
Reviews for Chipotle Chili Dogs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review