- 6 hot dogs
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2-1/2 teaspoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hot dog buns, split
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Cook hot dogs according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, chipotle peppers, chili powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until flavors are blended.
- Place hot dogs in buns. Spoon chili over hot dogs. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and salsa; spoon over tops. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chipotle Chili Dogs
"Very good. This could be a sloppy joe recipe as well as a hot dog topping. I didn't have an onion, I don't think it really mattered."
"Yum! these are delicious. I like to add a bit more adobo sauce to the meat. It adds a little bit more spice but no so much that my lips fall off."
"We loved these but they should probably be called "Sloppy Chipotle Chili Dogs" cause they are really messy:)"
"My family loved this recipe and I loved how quick and easy it was to make!"
"I made this for my birthday w/ the ranch fries. It was easy and really good. I will def make again."
"This chili was very easy to make and tasted great! The chili, sour cream sauce and green onions went so well together. My husband said it was one of the best chili dogs that he has ever had!"