Chipotle Chicken with Spanish Rice Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) ready-to-serve Spanish rice
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Stir in beans, salsa and chipotle pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into chicken reads 170°.
- 2. Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions. Serve chicken with beans and rice; sprinkle with cheese and cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Chipotle Chicken with Spanish Rice
"Made this last night. Didn't change anything. Will definitely make this again. I used the Spanish Near East Rice. Heat was just right, but next time I might add a little more. We like spicey. Great Recipe!!"
"Simple ingredients and execution add up to a good quick preparation meal. I like it as a work day lunch."
"Absolutely fantastic! Would not change a thing. Spice level was just right."
"Way too hot. I was so excited to make it, and I tossed it all."
"Love the smokiness that the Chipotle gives this chicken and thighs are my favorite cut. Love that it is super easy to whip up. Worth giving it a try."
"Loved this recipe. My husband and I aren't fond of black beans plus I had several cans of pinto beans so I used them instead and this was delicious. I've never cooked with chipotle peppers before and I wondered whether just the one was going to be enough but the heat was perfect and the smoky flavor from the adobo sauce was wonderful. I served it with a salad of cucumbers, tomatoes, onions and bell pepper, which was a very refreshing, cooling accompaniment. I will definitely be making this one again, and again."
"Very good and very simple"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.