- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) ready-to-serve Spanish rice
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Stir in beans, salsa and chipotle pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into chicken reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions. Serve chicken with beans and rice; sprinkle with cheese and cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chipotle Chicken with Spanish Rice
"Simple ingredients and execution add up to a good quick preparation meal. I like it as a work day lunch."
"Absolutely fantastic! Would not change a thing. Spice level was just right."
"Way too hot. I was so excited to make it, and I tossed it all."
"Love the smokiness that the Chipotle gives this chicken and thighs are my favorite cut. Love that it is super easy to whip up. Worth giving it a try."
"Loved this recipe. My husband and I aren't fond of black beans plus I had several cans of pinto beans so I used them instead and this was delicious. I've never cooked with chipotle peppers before and I wondered whether just the one was going to be enough but the heat was perfect and the smoky flavor from the adobo sauce was wonderful. I served it with a salad of cucumbers, tomatoes, onions and bell pepper, which was a very refreshing, cooling accompaniment. I will definitely be making this one again, and again."