Chipotle peppers add smoky heat to this zippy chicken and rice dish. Chop up leftovers and stuff into bell peppers for a tasty twist. —Carolyn Collins, Freeport, Texas
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) ready-to-serve Spanish rice
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Stir in beans, salsa and chipotle pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into chicken reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions. Serve chicken with beans and rice; sprinkle with cheese and cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chipotle Chicken with Spanish Rice in Simple & Delicious April/May 2014
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chipotle Chicken with Spanish Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review