Chipotle Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 4 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Place the chili sauce, lime juice and chipotle peppers in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Transfer 1/2 cup to a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- Pour remaining marinade into a small bowl; add the vinegar, brown sugar and molasses. Cover and refrigerate.
- On six metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread chicken and vegetables. Brush with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-16 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°, turning occasionally.
- Unskewer chicken and vegetables into a large bowl; add 1/2 cup chipotle-molasses mixture and toss to coat. Keep warm.
- Grill tortillas, uncovered, over medium heat for 45-55 seconds on each side or until warmed. Top with chicken mixture, tomatoes, cheese and remaining chipotle-molasses mixture. Yield: 5 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chipotle Chicken Fajitas
Sort By :
These were excellent. Cooked everything inside in a pan and simmered in 3/4 of the sauce at the end. Left out tomatoes and added garlic and cilantro. Definitely a keeper.
These are delicious. I took the other reviewers' advice and cut the chipotle peppers down to 3 instead of 4. I also didn't have time to skewer everything and cook on the grill, so I just cooked it in a large pan like stir-fry and it turned out delicious. I think the sauce could have been cut in half since there was a lot of liquid in the pan by cooking it this way. Will definitely make again.
loved it.. took advice from others used less peppers...just the right balance of sweet and heat..
I like spicy but this was just way too hot. If I ever make it again I would probably add only two chipotle peppers. It almost taste like BBQ with a bite.
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fajitas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >