- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with cheese. Cook 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChipotle Cheeseburgers
"To suit our tastes, doubled the chipotles, topped with pepper jack and served on bun with lettuce, tomato and avocado slices. Delicious!"
"Very good burger"
"These were great! We did ours with ground buffalo and pepper jack. We could handle a bit spicier for our tastes, we know to adjust for more peppers next time."
"Sooo good!!! Very moist and so flovorful!! I did pump up the chipotles because we like spicy, and used pepper jack cheese because mozzarella did not sound right! but even my picky eater loved them!"
"Loved them! If you took a bite with the pepper they can some kick to them. Too spicy for my little ones, but my husband and oldest son liked them. Nice change from regular cheeseburgers."
"This was ok, but I wouldn't make it again as is. It needed more flavor."