Chipotle Cheeseburgers for Two
Heat up a casual meal with these zippy mozzarella burgers. You can substitute ground turkey for the beef and your favorite sliced cheese. —Crystal Jo Bruns, Iliff, Colorado
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7
- minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and
- juices run clear. Top with cheese. Cover and cook 1-2 minutes longer
- or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato if
- desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger equals 425 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 849 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein.