Heat up a casual meal with these zippy mozzarella burgers. You can substitute ground turkey for the beef and your favorite sliced cheese. —Crystal Jo Bruns, Iliff, Colorado
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 slices Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with cheese. Cover and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chipotle Cheeseburgers for Two in Taste of Home
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Chipotle Cheeseburgers for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review