- medium skillet over medium-high heat). Cook burgers, flipping once,
- until charred and cooked to desired doneness (about 12 minutes total
- for medium rare). Add cheese to patties about 5 minutes before
- taking them off grill.
- To assemble, divide patties evenly among bottom buns; top with onion
- slice, tomato slice, lettuce and top bun spread with reserved
- chipotle mayonnaise. Yield: 6 burgers.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.