Chipotle Cheeseburger Recipe
A burger with a fiery twist. This classic cheeseburger gets a tasty update with the addition of GOYA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce. These chipotle chiles are jalapeño peppers that have been dried, smoked, and then packed in a flavorful sauce made of tomatoes and other spices.
- 1/4 cup GOYA® Mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle pepper from 1 can (12 oz.) GOYA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce, finely chopped, plus 1/4 cup chipotle sauce from can
- 3 tablespoons GOYA® Minced Garlic, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- GOYA® Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning, to taste
- 2 pounds ground beef (80% lean)
- 1 teaspoon GOYA® Vegetable Oil
- 6 slices slices cheddar cheese
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 1/4-inch slices slices red onion
- 6 1/2-inch slices slices tomato
- 6 lettuce leaves
- In medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, 1 tbsp. chipotle sauce, 1 tsp. garlic, cilantro and adobo; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In large bowl, gently mix together beef, chopped chipotle, 3 tbsp. chipotle sauce, remaining garlic and adobo until combined. Divide meat into 6 portions; form into 1-in. thick patties. (Take care not to over-handle meat or else it will toughen).
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat, grease with oil (or heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat). Cook burgers, flipping once, until charred and cooked to desired doneness (about 12 minutes total for medium rare). Add cheese to patties about 5 minutes before taking them off grill.
- To assemble, divide patties evenly among bottom buns; top with onion slice, tomato slice, lettuce and top bun spread with reserved chipotle mayonnaise. Yield: 6 burgers.
Originally published as Chipotle Cheeseburger Provided by GOYA®
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Burger Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- GOYA® >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilling Hamburgers >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Ground Beef Burger Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >