Chipotle Cheese Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Hot cooked potatoes or eggs
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add chipotle peppers; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in flour and pepper until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Serve over potatoes. Yield: 2-3/4 cups.
1/4 cup: 137 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 162mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, trace fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Chipotle Cheese Sauce
"I made this recipe exaclty as it was written and didn't think it was too hot. I took it to a potluck and got many compliments from those who like spicy foods."
"Don't know where Melissa gets her chipotle peppers, but I had to reduce the quantity down to 2 TEASPOONS in order to not destroy every taste bud in my mouth!I thought it also needed a dash or two of salt.Other than that, this was lovely on baked potatoes, fresh bread, whole grain crackers, and pasta."