Chipotle Cheese Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Hot cooked potatoes or eggs
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add chipotle peppers; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in flour and pepper until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Serve over potatoes. Yield: 2-3/4 cups.
Reviews for Chipotle Cheese Sauce(2)
Sort By :
I made this recipe exaclty as it was written and didn't think it was too hot. I took it to a potluck and got many compliments from those who like spicy foods.
Don't know where Melissa gets her chipotle peppers, but I had to reduce the quantity down to 2 TEASPOONS in order to not destroy every taste bud in my mouth!
I thought it also needed a dash or two of salt.
Other than that, this was lovely on baked potatoes, fresh bread, whole grain crackers, and pasta.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Sauces & Toppings Recipes >