Fans of Mexican flavor are sure to love this rich and smoky cheese sauce with a kiss of heat from chipotle peppers. It's great over baked potatoes. Melissa Jelinek Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Hot cooked potatoes or eggs
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add chipotle peppers; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in flour and pepper until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Serve over potatoes. Yield: 2-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Chipotle Cheese Sauce in Taste of Home February/March 2009, p62
Reviews for Chipotle Cheese Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review