- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Hot cooked potatoes or eggs
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add chipotle peppers; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in flour and pepper until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Serve over potatoes. Yield: 2-3/4 cups.
Reviews for Chipotle Cheese Sauce
"I made this recipe exaclty as it was written and didn't think it was too hot. I took it to a potluck and got many compliments from those who like spicy foods."
"Don't know where Melissa gets her chipotle peppers, but I had to reduce the quantity down to 2 TEASPOONS in order to not destroy every taste bud in my mouth!I thought it also needed a dash or two of salt.Other than that, this was lovely on baked potatoes, fresh bread, whole grain crackers, and pasta."