Chipotle Brownie Snowflakes Recipe
Inspired by delicate snowflakes dancing in the air, I created these deliciously snowflake brownies with a smoky bite. I make these quite often, especially when we are expecting company. Everyone loves the flavor, and I usually make more than one batch since they go quickly.—Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
- 1 teaspoon plus 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream brown sugar and remaining butter until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder, chipotle pepper, cinnamon, ginger and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds and chocolate chips.
- Spread in prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Using foil, lift brownies out of pan. Cut with a 3-in. snowflake-shaped cookie cutter. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Chipotle Brownie Snowflakes in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p89
Reviews for Chipotle Brownie Snowflakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review