Chipotle BLT Wraps
BLT sandwiches are so good, but they can make a lot of messy crumbs from the toasted bread. Since we also love wraps, I decided to make BLT's using tortillas instead. Warming the wraps a little makes them easy to work with. —Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups chopped romaine
- 2 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat chipotle or regular mayonnaise
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, tomatoes and bacon. Add mayonnaise;
- toss to coat.
- Spoon about 1 cup romaine mixture down center of each tortilla. Fold
- bottom of tortilla over filling; fold both sides to close. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 wrap equals 294 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 705 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.