- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Optional toppings: shredded Monterey Jack cheese, reduced-fat sour cream, minced fresh cilantro and lime wedges
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes, onion, green pepper, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce and garlic. In another bowl, combine the beef, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Pour half of the tomato mixture into a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker; add the beef. Top with remaining tomato mixture. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Chipotle-Black Bean Chili
Sort By :
"This recipe is very tasty when made as stated! If you like a lot of heat, then add more chipotle peppers. My kids prefer less, so I cut down on them when making this. For something different, I sometimes brown polenta slices with a little olive oil or butter and use as a garnish along with cheese and sour cream. It's also good with the stew simply ladled on top of the fried polenta."
"Great flavor! I did spice it up a bit by using black beans with diced jalepenos (I may cut that down next time though to 1 can reg, 1 can w/ jalepeno)! Served w/ homemade chili lime tortilla chips!"
"This recipe is very easy to make. My family loved this chili so much they want me to make more and freeze it for lunches. I used extra lean ground beef in my chili as that's what I had on hand. I cooked the beef first before I added it in the slow cooker."
"Loved it! My kids aren't big fans of beans, so I used a 4# roast and the kids ate the meat and loved it."
"The meat was very tender. It could have been spicier, but it had good flavor and was great with a little sour cream and cheese on top!"