Chipotle Beef Sandwiches
A jar of chipotle salsa makes it easy to spice up beef sirloin for my mouthwatering sandwiches. Keep this no-stress recipe in mind the next time you have to feed a hungry crowd.—Jessica Ring, Madison, Wisconsin
10 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds)
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chipotle salsa
- 1/2 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 envelope Lipton beefy onion soup mix
- 10 kaiser rolls, split
- Place onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut roast in half; place over
- onion. Combine the salsa, beer and soup mix. Pour over top. Cover
- and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast. Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow
- cooker; heat through. Using a slotted spoon, spoon shredded meat
- onto rolls.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 362 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 524 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4