Chipotle Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds)
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chipotle salsa
- 1/2 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 envelope Lipton beefy onion soup mix
- 10 kaiser rolls, split
- 1. Place onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut roast in half; place over onion. Combine the salsa, beer and soup mix. Pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove roast. Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through. Using a slotted spoon, spoon shredded meat onto rolls. Yield: 10 servings.
1 sandwich equals 362 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 524 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Chipotle Beef Sandwiches
"Very simple and tasty. Not too much heat for my kids."
"Made this for dinner and it was delicious!"
"This is a easy recipe to put together and effortless for a crowd or the end of a busy day. Savory flavor with a hint of spice, with the chipotle pepper. Definitely a keeper."
"Turned out very good. I love chipotle chiles so I couldn't wait to try it. I didn't make any modifications to this recipe."
"I MAKE THIS RECIPE, BUT USE A JAR OF MARZETTI MILD PEPPER RINGS,INCUDING JUICE INSTEAD OF SALSA. THEY ARE GREAT. IF YOU LIKE HEAT, USE THE HOT PEPPERS.SELOGY"