A jar of chipotle salsa makes it easy to spice up beef sirloin for my mouthwatering sandwiches. Keep this no-stress recipe in mind the next time you have to feed a hungry crowd.—Jessica Ring, Madison, Wisconsin
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds)
- 1 jar (16 ounces) chipotle salsa
- 1/2 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 envelope Lipton beefy onion soup mix
- 10 kaiser rolls, split
- Place onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut roast in half; place over onion. Combine the salsa, beer and soup mix. Pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast. Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through. Using a slotted spoon, spoon shredded meat onto rolls. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Chipotle Beef Sandwiches in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2008, p16
Reviews for Chipotle Beef Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review