I love spicy food, so I think this chili really hits the spot. If you are sensitive to chili peppers, start out with one or two chipotles and go up from there. —Steven Schend, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Featured In: 23 Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes
- 2 pounds beef flank steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 to 4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) tomato puree
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Stir in cilantro.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled chili in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth or water if necessary. Yield: 8 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Chipotle Beef Chili in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2015, p65
Reviews for Chipotle Beef Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review