Chipotle Beef & Rice Recipe
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pickled pepper rings
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onions and pepper over medium heat until beef is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the rice, salsa, sour cream, pepper rings, lime juice, chipotle pepper and 1/2 cup cheese. Cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 403 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 495mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Chipotle Beef & Rice
"My husband and I really liked this quick dinner!"
"This was okay. I felt like I had to add some salt for more flavoring. I also used Arborio rice instead of brown rice for more of a "Risotto" feel. This would be an EXCELLENT stuffed pepper filling!"
"We liked this okay but probably won't make it again. Love the idea of a one-dish meal, but it tasted kinda "heavy." I sprinkled shredded lettuce on the top, once plated, which helped a little!"
"I couldn't find ground chipotle pepper so I used Mrs. Dash southwest chipotle seasoning and I also used chipotle salsa. I thought this recipe was pretty good and I liked that my 2 1/2 year old ate everything I put on his plate!"