Chipotle Beef & Rice Recipe
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pickled pepper rings
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onions and pepper over medium heat until beef is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the rice, salsa, sour cream, pepper rings, lime juice, chipotle pepper and 1/2 cup cheese. Cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 403 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 495 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.