Made completely in the skillet, this savory, moist mix of ground beef, lime, salsa, peppers and cheese offers creamy comfort. Chipotle pepper adds just the right hint of heat. —Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pickled pepper rings
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onions and pepper over medium heat until beef is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the rice, salsa, sour cream, pepper rings, lime juice, chipotle pepper and 1/2 cup cheese. Cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chipotle Beef & Rice in Healthy Cooking June/July 2011, p51
Reviews for Chipotle Beef & Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review