Chipotle BBQ Pork Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip Light
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, honey and peppers. Set aside 1/4 cup until serving.
- 2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan.
- 3. Place pork over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium-hot heat for 20-25 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°), basting occasionally with remaining barbecue sauce. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- 4. Meanwhile, combine the coleslaw mix, sour cream, Miracle Whip Light and mustard. Brush cut sides of buns with reserved barbecue sauce. Cut pork into 1/4-in. slices; place on bun bottoms. Top with coleslaw and bun tops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich equals 337 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 753 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.