Chipotle BBQ Pork Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip Light
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, honey and peppers. Set aside 1/4 cup until serving.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan.
- Place pork over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium-hot heat for 20-25 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°), basting occasionally with remaining barbecue sauce. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, combine the coleslaw mix, sour cream, Miracle Whip Light and mustard. Brush cut sides of buns with reserved barbecue sauce. Cut pork into 1/4-in. slices; place on bun bottoms. Top with coleslaw and bun tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chipotle BBQ Pork Sandwiches
Sort By :
My husband and I really liked this recipe. It has a slight kick to it, and the coleslaw is a great compliment to the spice.
I should add I use Marie's prepared coleslaw dressing, instead of preparing as directed. I don't care for miracle whip, and don't have it on hand, so I can't comment on the coleslaw in this recipe.
This is so good, I threw out my tried and true high-fat pulled pork recipe. It's crave worth without all the guilt. Love it!