“I first made these for a summer barbecue with guests who love traditional BBQ pork sandwiches but wanted something lighter. They loved these and didn’t miss the extra calories one bit. Crunchy coleslaw tames the heat!” —Priscilla Yee, Concord, California
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip Light
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, honey and peppers. Set aside 1/4 cup until serving.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan.
- Place pork over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium-hot heat for 20-25 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°), basting occasionally with remaining barbecue sauce. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, combine the coleslaw mix, sour cream, Miracle Whip Light and mustard. Brush cut sides of buns with reserved barbecue sauce. Cut pork into 1/4-in. slices; place on bun bottoms. Top with coleslaw and bun tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chipotle BBQ Pork Sandwiches in Healthy Cooking October/November 2009, p55
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Chipotle BBQ Pork Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review