Thanks to the avocado base, this dip provides a bonus of healthy fats and fiber. Try spooning it on tacos, too. —Barbara Oliphant, Valley Center, Kansas
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped banana pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced pickled hot cherry peppers
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons ground chipotle pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a small bowl, mash avocados. Stir in the mayonnaise, onion, peppers and seasonings. Chill until serving. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Chipotle Avocado Dip in Taste of Home December/January 2012, p79
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Chipotle Avocado Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 24, 2011
"I really liked it, but instead of mayo, I added sour cream."