Chipotle Apricot Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 fresh apricots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter on both sides. Combine the apricots, broth, preserves, chipotle pepper and salt; pour over chicken.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170° and sauce is thickened. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half (calculated without rice) equals 312 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 612 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.