Chipotle Apricot Chicken
From Eagle, Idaho, Trisha Kruse writes, “Although chipotle peppers may be unfamiliar to some home cooks, they're worth exploring! Their warm, smoky flavor really complements the apricots in this main course for an absolutely wonderful meal.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 fresh apricots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter on both sides. Combine
- the apricots, broth, preserves, chipotle pepper and salt; pour over
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or
- until a meat thermometer reads 170° and sauce is thickened.
- Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half (calculated without rice) equals 312 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 612 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon