Chipotle Apricot Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 fresh apricots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter on both sides. Combine the apricots, broth, preserves, chipotle pepper and salt; pour over chicken.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170° and sauce is thickened. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 312 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 612mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Chipotle Apricot Chicken
"Wow, this is really good. It's not as spicy as you might think; the sweet jam balances the hot chipotles. I think it would be fine to omit the apricots if you don't have them, or to use peach jam. Green peppers might be good with this too."
"I make this all of the time now! I add green onions and use splenda smuckers preserves. I omit the fresh apricots when not in season but it is still wonderful!"
"Delicious! The heat level is just right (my seven- and nine-year-old sons agree) and the apricots provide a perfect complement of sweetness. A favorite for our whole family."