From Eagle, Idaho, Trisha Kruse writes, “Although chipotle peppers may be unfamiliar to some home cooks, they're worth exploring! Their warm, smoky flavor really complements the apricots in this main course for an absolutely wonderful meal.”
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 fresh apricots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter on both sides. Combine the apricots, broth, preserves, chipotle pepper and salt; pour over chicken.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170° and sauce is thickened. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chipotle Apricot Chicken in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p27
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chipotle Apricot Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review