Chipotle Apricot Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 fresh apricots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter on both sides. Combine the apricots, broth, preserves, chipotle pepper and salt; pour over chicken.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170° and sauce is thickened. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chipotle Apricot Chicken
Sort By :
Since I didn't have fresh apricots, I soaked some dried apricots in the chicken broth. For such a simple recipe, it sure packs a lot of flavor. I made the mistake of walking away from the stove too long and my sauce over-reduced. I just added a little white wine and still had a successful dinner.
Wow, this is really good. It's not as spicy as you might think; the sweet jam balances the hot chipotles. I think it would be fine to omit the apricots if you don't have them, or to use peach jam. Green peppers might be good with this too.
I make this all of the time now! I add green onions and use splenda smuckers preserves. I omit the fresh apricots when not in season but it is still wonderful!
This is wonderful. Everyone loves it. The leftovers make a great chicken salad.
Delicious! The heat level is just right (my seven- and nine-year-old sons agree) and the apricots provide a perfect complement of sweetness. A favorite for our whole family.