Chipotle-Apple Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small tart apple, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings. Saute apple in drippings until tender. Add the onion, applesauce, chipotle peppers and bacon; saute 2 minutes longer.
- 2. Cut a pocket in each chicken breast half; stuff with apple mixture. In a small skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides.
- 3. Transfer to an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 4. Meanwhile, add the flour, apple juice, salt and pepper to the skillet; stir to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 335 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 489mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Chipotle-Apple Chicken Breasts
"Good, though didn't knock my socks off enough for five stars."
"Easy to prepare and very tasty."
"This is my DD's favorite dish! I make it & just put the chicken on top of the apple mixture. My DH doesn't want the filling so this is a happy medium. Very good recipe! Definitely worth making!"
"This recipe was Fantastic! I will definitely make it again and again! I added a little more chipotle peppers because I like things a little spicier and it turned out great!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.