"The sweetness of the apple, the smokiness of the bacon and the heat from the chipolte pepper blends so well together in this delicious entree," writes Shannon Abdollmohammadi of Woodinville, Washington. "It's my husband's favorite."
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small tart apple, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings. Saute apple in drippings until tender. Add the onion, applesauce, chipotle peppers and bacon; saute 2 minutes longer.
- Cut a pocket in each chicken breast half; stuff with apple mixture. In a small skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides.
- Transfer to an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, add the flour, apple juice, salt and pepper to the skillet; stir to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chipotle-Apple Chicken Breasts in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p33
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chipotle-Apple Chicken Breasts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review