Chip-Topped Butter Cookies
The chocolate center in these crisp butter cookies makes them a winner. Embellish them with a quick dusting of confectioners' sugar if you like.
Ruth Hodgdon, East Quogue, New York
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy;
- gradually add flour and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 1
- in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden
- spoon handle, make a wide indentation in the center of each ball;
- fill with five chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly
- browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Just before serving, dust with confectioners’ sugar if desired.
- Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 110 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.