- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 egg whites
- Black, green and red paste food coloring
- 1 sliced almond
- 1 pimiento-stuffed olive slice
- 1 raisin
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 to 2 jars (15-1/2 ounces each) salsa con queso dip
- Tortilla chips
- Let dough rise according to package directions. For witch's face, on a lightly floured surface, roll one loaf into an 8-in.-high x 6-in.-wide oval. Cut a 3-in. piece off the top and set aside. Place rolled piece on a large greased baking sheet. Pull lower left side of dough down and to the left, forming a chin.
- For hat, roll remaining loaf into a 9-1/2-in.-high x 6-1/2-in.-wide triangle; place above face. Divide reserved dough into thirds. Roll two pieces into 12-in.-long ropes; twist together. Place over bottom of hat for brim.
- Shape two-thirds of remaining dough into a nose. Cut a 1-in. slit at an angle 1 in. below brim; insert nose. Roll remaining dough into a 4-in. piece; fold in half for lips. Cut a 2-in. slit below nose; insert lips.
- Divide egg whites among three custard cups; with food coloring, tint one portion black, one green and one red. Brush black over hat. Brush green over face and nose. Brush red over lips.
- For eye, place almond and olive between nose and brim. For wart, lightly press raisin into nose. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over dough for hair.
- Let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool.
- Hollow out center of hat; fill with dip, adding more as needed. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 1 witch (1-1/2 to 3 cups dip).
Originally published as Chip 'n' Dip Bread Witch in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p15
Reviews for Chip 'n' Dip Bread Witch
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2013
So tasty and fun/fun y/spoooooky!
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dip Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Halloween Appetizers >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Kids Snacks >
- Nut Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >