A quick side, this fresh-tasting dish is a good pair with salmon. The toasted sesame seeds really bring out the flavor. —Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute zucchini in oil until tender. Add
- garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in soy sauce; sprinkle with
- sesame seeds. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 67 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 316 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.