Chinese-Style Pork Tenderloin
Our Test Kitchen home economists share this recipe for a main course with authentic Asian flair.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 1 teaspoon red liquid food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Brush pork with food coloring and sprinkle with seasoned salt. Place
- on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425°
- for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- In a saucepan, combine the pineapple juice, sherry or broth, honey,
- soy sauce and ginger. Bring to a boil; simmer, uncovered, for 5
- minutes. Thicken if desired. Thinly slice pork; serve with pineapple
- sauce. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces equals 175 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 371 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot