This recipe combines power-packed spinach, a good source of vitamins A and K, with other veggies, lean meat and crunchy, heart-healthy almonds. Reduced-fat dressing adds a light Asian flavor and touch to each hearty serving. Mary Ann Kieffer - Lawrence, Kansas
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sesame ginger salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Divide among four salad plates; drizzle each serving with 2 tablespoons dressing. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chinese Spinach-Almond Salad in Healthy Cooking April/May 2009, p25
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chinese Spinach-Almond Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review