Chinese Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons plum sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dry red wine or beef broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- Toasted sesame seeds, Chinese-style mustard and additional plum sauce, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning several times. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Place pork on a greased rack in a foil-lined roasting pan.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, brushing occasionally with reserved marinade.
- 4. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with mustard and additional plum sauce if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
2 ounce-weight: 109 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 406mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Chinese Pork Tenderloin
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer