Chinese Pork Fried Rice Recipe
- 1 boneless pork loin chop (6 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cold cooked long grain rice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the pork, carrot, broccoli, peas and onion in butter until pork is no longer pink. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- 2. In same skillet, cook and stir egg over medium heat until completely set. Stir in the rice, soy sauce, garlic powder, ginger and pork mixture; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup equals 338 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 163 mg cholesterol, 597 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Reviews for Chinese Pork Fried Rice
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.