Chinese Pork Chops Recipe
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat stick margarine
- 2 cups brewed tea
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. Season both sides of pork chops with seasoning blend and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, brown meat in margarine on each side over medium-high heat. Add the tea, celery, onion and soy sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- 2. Remove meat to serving dish. Strain cooking liquid, reserving vegetables. Place vegetables in a serving dish with meat. Combine cornstarch and water in a small saucepan until smooth. Stir in 1 cup cooking liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1 pork chop with vegetables and 2 tablespoons gravy) equals 218 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 518 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Chinese Pork Chops
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.