Chinese Pork Chops
“These delicious pork chops are so saucy and tender,” says Sharon Crider from Junction City, Kansas. “I got the recipe years ago and it's been a family favorite ever since.”
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Place pork chops in a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. In
- a small bowl, combine the onion, ketchup, brown sugar, water, soy
- sauce, garlic and ginger. Pour over chops. Cover and cook on low for
- 3-4 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with rice and cooking
- juices. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with 1/2 cup rice and 3 tablespoons juices equals 305 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 496 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.