Chinese Pork 'n' Noodles Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), halved and thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 3/4 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup halved fresh snow peas
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced cabbage
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the hoisin sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil; set aside.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in 2 teaspoons canola oil for 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry the red pepper, peas and onion in remaining oil for 3 minutes. Add cabbage; stir-fry 2 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 3. Stir reserved hoisin sauce mixture and stir into skillet. Return pork to the pan; heat through. Drain pasta and add to skillet; toss to coat. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 398 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 550 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer