Chinese Lemon Chicken Recipe
"Sometimes I make this dish the day before; it really brings out the flavor," writes Lynn Hancock from Dubuque, Iowa. "This recipe is so good and well worth the time!"
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/4 cup cornstarch, divided
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced and seeds removed
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1-1/2 cups cooked long grain rice
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon cornstarch, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil; brush over both sides of chicken. Place in a large resealable plastic bag. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar, water, cider vinegar and lemon slices to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until lemon slices are golden brown and sauce is thickened.
- Meanwhile, place egg and remaining cornstarch in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in the egg, then cornstarch. In an electric skillet, heat 1/2 in. of oil to 375°. Carefully place chicken in hot oil. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Serve with rice and lemon mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chinese Lemon Chicken in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p37
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chinese Lemon Chicken(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fried Chicken >