- 2 tablespoons aniseed
- 2 tablespoons fennel seed
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons whole peppercorns
- In a spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle, combine all ingredients (in batches if necessary); grind until mixture becomes a fine powder. Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months. Yield: about 1/2 cup.
Originally published as Chinese Five Spice in Light & Tasty April/May 2001, p48
Reviews for Chinese Five Spice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review