Chinese Fish Recipe
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook fish in canola oil for 2 minutes. Turn and cook 2 minutes longer. Add the next nine ingredients. Cover and simmer for 4 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with sesame oil. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 160 calories, 5g fat (0g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 355mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 25g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Chinese Fish
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.