“These ribs are tangy and tender. The Chinese-style glaze gives them a different and unique taste.” Jamie’s original recipe called for the ribs to be baked, but we found we could prepare tender ribs even faster by starting them in the microwave. Jamie Wetter - Boscobel, Wisconsin
- 4 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; place in a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish with water, liquid smoke if desired and onion powder. Cover and microwave on high for 15-20 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
Drain ribs. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill ribs, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally and basting with sauce.
Freeze option: Place cooled ribs in a resealable freezer bag and freeze up to 3 months. To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Place in a baking pan; cover and bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chinese Country-Style Pork Ribs in Simple & Delicious July/August 2009, p53
Reviews for Chinese Country-Style Pork Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review